Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On this day in history...

I was born! Ahahaha. Giddy Tiger *claims* she wants to know what happened in the world on the date that I was born, but I *know* that she's really after my birthdate. Right? Wakakaka. Anyway, here's what to do with this tag...

Instructions:
1. Go to Wikipedia
2. Type in your birthday and search your birthdate: Jan 28
3. From the results, list down 3 events, 2 births and 1 holiday

3 events

1547 - Henry VIII dies. His nine year old son, Edward VI becomes King, and the first Protestant ruler of England.
(I have this fascination about the wives of Henry VIII. Love the books by Philippa Gregory on Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn and Anne of Cleves.)

1813 - Pride and Prejudice is first published in the United Kingdom.
(How can I not list this out? P&P is one of my favorite books/mini-series. Who could forget the swoon-worthy Colin Firth as Mr Darcy in BBC's adaptation? Aitelyu... I could watch THAT scene over and over and over again... wet shirts never looked so good! LOL!)

1986 - Space Shuttle program: STS-51-L mission (Space Shuttle Challenger disaster) - Space Shuttle Challenger breaks apart 73 seconds after liftoff killing all seven astronauts onboard, including Christa McAuliffe, who was supposed to be the first teacher in space.
(I thought this would be an apt selection seeing as how Malaysia is about to choose out very first "angkasawan" or the Malaysian Can-or-naut. Heh.)

2 births

1948 - Mikhail Baryshnikov, Russian dancer
(Can I claim that great dancers *cough* like me *cough* are born on this day?)

1981 - Elijah Wood, American actor
(I love hobbits! Yes I do... almost as much as I love elves and Jedi. No one makes a more adorable hobbit than Elijah Wood and hey, he shares my birthday!)

1 holiday

World Leprosy Day
(I dunno if this is considered a holiday...)

So, I am also a curious cat blogger and I wanna know these bloggers' birthdays...

a^ben
ehon
mistipurple

17 spins:

rainbow angeles said...

Woot! An Aquarian...

Anonymous said...

Is World Leprosy Day a holiday worldwide? Hahaha...
Now I know your birthdate- well.. actually I already know from my very reliable *source*

PB said...

Yay for birthdays and um... world leprosy day....??

mistipurple said...

heheh. so many tags i haven't done yet. if i do this one, i will hide my head in a paper bag first.

*finds paper bag make two holes for eyes and one for nose*

Pink Elle said...

World leprosy day! Um...I think it's better than Ask a Stupid Question Day!

Haha...

narrowband said...

Jan 28th... that's not a difficult date to remember... cuz of a personal connection. Hey, I was expected to see the Y.O.B .... hehehehe....

Chen said...

i have two colleagues whose birthday fall on 28th January too

rinnah said...

angel: 5 Aquarian hugs for you!!!

**********
giddy tiger: 3 holiday hugs for you!!

I wish it were! I want more holidays! LOL!

**********
paris: 1 birthday hug for you!

Ahahaha... if it's a holiday for M'sia then yay!

**********
mistipurple: Hehehe... trying to tag you and see if you respond.

*notti-ly draws some purple butterflies on misti's paper bag*

**********
pink elle: Ahahaha... is that what you got? LOL!

**********
narrowband: What kinda personal connection? Someone's birthday on that day too? Teeheehee... a female's YOB is always a secret no matter how young or old she is! But I'll give you a hint... I'm still older than you. Wakakakakaka!

**********
chen: Ooo... really? I have two friends whose birthday is on 28 Jan... and one of them is only one year older than me.

L B said...

I remember that shuttle accident...

rinnah said...

l b: You're showing your age! Kekekekeke!

may said...

ermmm... I remember that shuttle too, but I ain't that old! LOLOL!

rinnah said...

may: LOL! Lemme guess, you were under the age of twelve then?

Simple American said...

You are born a day after my brother and a few decades. :P

rinnah said...

simple american: Then your brother shares the same birthday as my cousin sister! She was born one day before me but same year as me. LOL!

Ehon said...

wakakakakakaka. so sampat. :P will do it soon! :D

rinnah said...

ehon: -_-' Liddat also call sampat ah? I will wait for your homework!

Mervyn said...

here

here

here

this site

this site

here

site

here

site