Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The beach beckons

If you're Malaysian, you would have noticed a certain word popping up in people's conversations lately. No no, I'm not talking about the election that everyone seems to be waiting for. I'm referring instead to MATTA (not to be confused with YATTA!). MATTA makes people think of holidays, escapism, and for some, balik kampung traffic jam.

Now I haven't had a real good holiday in ages... the last really good holiday I remember was my Club Med holiday in 2003! So I've been thinking about taking a holiday recently. I don't want to go to the highlands (since I just made a day trip there in May) so why not go the opposite direction and head for the beach? Yes sirree, beach resort holidays are excellent for relaxing, especially if they're coupled with a spa... Ahhhh... I watch a lot of the Travel & Living channel and when they showcase those wonderful exotic
beach holidays, it makes me want to pack my bags and head for KLIA immediately! But that's not within my reach at the moment, so I guess I'll have to settle for a normal beach holiday.

Where to? Definitely the
Maldives... some day. Tahiti, Mauritius and Hawaii... before I get to old to wear a bikini. LOL! Nearer to home? Phuket or Bali? Nahhhh... not interested in temples. Even closer to home? Pangkor and Langkawi? Hmm... that may be doable. I guess I should check out the Holiday Offers by Dialaflight. I'm sure that they can arrange tropical holidays for me and for the rest of you.

p.s. Yoohoo... SA... we're waiting for you by the BBQ pit at the beach, k? Don't keep us waiting too long now, ya hear? *wink*

This post is brought to you by Dialaflight - the better travel experience.

3 spins:

Anonymous said...

I was at The Maldives for my honeymoon. I definitely want to go to Tahiti! :D

And, yes, I have been to Club Med Cherating too!

may said...

I'll bring the beach towels, whee!! and bikini... ;-)

rinnah said...

giddy tiger: 5 honeymoon hugs for you!!!

I've never been to an overseas beach before. Not even Singapore beach! LOL!

I loooooved Club Med Cherating. Right till now, those days there were the happiest days of my life for many reasons and special memories.

**********
may: 3 bikini hugs for you!!

Gotta get toned and in shape first! Or else everyone will comment I'm fatter than Britney Spears! LOL!