Thursday, September 06, 2007

A moment of silence please...



Although he was not my favorite operatic singer, no one could deny that he is, was probably the most well-known of them all. Who could not know Pavarotti with a name like that? Who couldn't recognize his admittedly bulky form clad in a tuxedo with that big black beard and beetling eyebrows? He looked like a cartoon caricature brought to life. And when he chose to open up that big voice of his... you could get blown away.

I can hear the resounding strains of Nessun Dorma faintly in the back of my head.

11 spins:

Anonymous said...

This is news to me...we shall miss his voice.

rainbow angeles said...

Amigos Para Siempre...

may said...

how sad the news. everything has an end. may he rest in peace.

chartao said...

*sob sob*

so sad.... :'(

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I posted a link to your blog on my blog virus page you are participating in. Please link back and post a comment on my blog :)

Karl

Simple American said...

I really enjoyed watching him on the Three Tenors tour. Wonderful voice. May he rest in peace.

Wennn said...

May he rest in peace!!

rinnah said...

giddy tiger: 5 missing hugs for you!!!

Yes, one less opera singer in the world.

**********
angel: 3 amigos hugs for you!!

I love that song... but mine's the version sung by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli, I think.

**********
may: 1 sad news hug for you!

The Pavarotti era has ended...

**********
leonard: *sniffle* There's always some other opera singer, but none as flamboyant as Pavarotti...

**********
karl: Hi, will most certainly check it out. Thanks for the link.

**********
simple american: I have the Three Tenors on DVD. My dad got it. *grin*

**********
wennnn: Yes, may he rest in peace and may his voice live on forever in recordings!

Ehon said...

sad isn't it? sighs!

Chen said...

may he rest in peace...

rinnah said...

ehon: Yes... it's a loss for the world.

**********
chen: *echoes chen* May he rest in peace...