Friday, November 16, 2007

Stay and no go holiday

Just about two weeks back I was trying to plan for a family holiday since I would be on leave for this period of time and was relatively free. It would have to be a short quickie trip because of Kelly (our dog), we couldn't well leave her at home alone for more than three days la. I don't want to be accused of cruelty to animals! Hahaha.

Anyway, we were all geared up to visit the Pearl of the Orient - where else but Penang? A chance to revisit the island (it's been 6 years? since I last went there) and also to meet up with friends. You know what? We didn't even need Hotel Reservations because friends of my parents would generously put us up in their home so all we had to do was just get there. I was planning on meeting Penang lang like Chen and Giddy Tiger and visiting Queensbay Mall, maybe trek up the Penang Hill, soak in some rays at Batu Ferringhi. But most importantly of all, the foodie tour to chow down at places like the Penang Duck Egg Char Kuay Teow, the famous Longkang Assam Laksa, some ice-cold Cendol, or spicy hot Indian food, etc etc etc.

Unfortunately for me, plans fell through when my Dad couldn't get his leave approved. The management *claimed* that some big project coming up needed his supervision, other senior colleagues were going overseas / outstation on work, bla bla bla, so his boss basically said no. Sheesh! *thinks about getting a hammer and whacking the boss' head* First time in donkey years my Dad has applied for holiday leave (three days only some more!) and they say no? I'm more frustrated than he is about the whole issue.

Oh well. Looks like I'll have to shelve my Penang plans until the next time when I can get leave (not sure when that will be because I'm starting a new job). But you can be sure all those things above are still on my list for the next time around!

0 spins: