Saturday, March 03, 2007

Everything's in motion


A first day at work. And a second day at work. And immediately after that a CNY dinner on Friday night to meet the new colleagues. All of whom have no idea who I am or what I do. And know most of each other. I felt like the proverbial lamppost! Wahahaha... but at least I got to see the crazy (drunken) side of them. Maybe they won't be so scary on Monday then. I should keep that in mind when I see them next.

It was a crazy first two days and I still feel like everything's moving, constantly in motion. And this is on Saturday afternoon! *shakes head* Nope. Still moving. I feel like I'm on a ship in the sea. Hopefully this "seasickness" will wear off.

On a better note, I have my parking settled. Kind of. Just that I have to pay the quarterly fees this month. But it's way cheaper than I expected. Oh well.

(Sorry for the brevity and unevenness of the post. My blogging skills seem to have disappeared all of a sudden! More to blog when I recover. LOL.)

12 spins:

L B said...

Recover fast, ok? :-)

may said...

it'll all come together nicely once you've settled into your new workplace. all the best, yea? *two thumbs up for ya*

rinnah said...

lb: I'm much better now! Maybe it was the diorientation of waking up to discover that it was a Saturday... LOL!

may: Hopefully I'll settle in as quickly as you did! Really admire how easily you adjusted to new job and new country both at the same time within such a short time period.

Jo said...

You will adapt in soon.. just like i m sure i will too ;)

angel said...

*donno what to say*

Errrr... enjoy the football match? :D

rinnah said...

jo: Yup, I do hope I'll adapt rapidly so that I won't feel this way for long...

angel: I enjoyed the final 4 minutes of the match! *giggle*

L B said...

Welcome to T H E H U G H U G C L U B™ ! Yippee, and a ManU fan at that!!!

rinnah said...

l b: Tengkiu! Tengkiu! It was just my luck that you had a new post when I visited!

Fellow ManU fanatic! Yeah, go Man Utd, go!

Simple American said...

Your blogging is fine.

Good to have a get together like this. Help break the ice. :)

rinnah said...

simple american: It is? *phew* I had a case of blogger block when I wrote that post...

Well, the ice wasn't really broken, seeing that they paid little attention to me. :o) But it did help me in that I got to see some of the faces (not sure how many I'll remember though!)

Simple American said...

That is always my problem. Names and faces.

It will be the scariest part of when I go to Malaysia. Matching the name with the face. Especially for bloggers that remain incognito. But I'll tackle that problem once I swim the pond.

rinnah said...

simple american: We'll wear name tags to help you out! Swim faster over the pond of the Atlantic (or is it Pacific? I forget...)