Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kek Lapis Rinnah


I have been away for some time from the blogosphere but my absence was enforced. Kind of. It's a long story but the gist of it is that I'm without my Streamyx (crappy as it was) and I'm now putting up this post using sloooooooooooooow dial-up. (See how much I love you guys?)

Anyway, I owe L B a tag, so here it is!

=========================

(special translation of the post title for Simple American: Rinnah's layer cake. A traditional Malay delicacy made of many many thin layers of cake stacked to form a block-sized cake)

L B was peeling onions the other day and wanted to know more about me. But onions make me cry (I am so NOT handy in the kitchen), so I decided that kek lapis was the way to go. I like kek lapis, by the way. :o)

Layer One - On The Outside
Name: rinnah (but that's not my real name, of course!) and I also answer to ryarin (pronounced as ree-A-rin)
Birth Date: This year it was the 4th Sunday of the first month
Current Status: Wishing I was anywhere else but the office (because this is where I'm answering the tag)
Eye Color: Dark brown
Hair Color: Black on top, light brown at the bottom (because it's growing out the previous dye)
Righty or Lefty: *sings Beyonce* To the left, to the left...


Layer Two - On The Inside
My Heritage: The NRIC says Chinese, but my true heritage is Baba Nyonya (with very very diluted strains of Japanese / Portugese, I'm told)
My Fears: Too many to list... *looks behind chair to make sure no one is there*
My Weaknesses: Uhm, also quite a bit... better not list it just in case!
My Perfect Pizza: Domino's extra cheesy thin crust pizzas with any topping *slurp*


Layer Three - Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
My Thoughts first thing when I wake up: Do I need to go to work today? It's too darn early! 5 more minutes...
My Bedtime: Used to be 6am (when I was studying), then 5am, then 4am, then 2am... now it's 11pm or earlier, say around 10.30pm (I know, I can't believe it either!)
My Most Missed Memory: Being on vacation in Club Med Cherating with friends and especially with him


Layer Four - My Picks
Pepsi or Coke: Coke, the original. Chilled and straight from the can, no ice please
McDonald's or Burger King: McDonald's because I like the fries there better
Single or Group Dates: Depends on who my date is - I don't want to get stuck alone with someone I don't like!
Adidas or Nike: Can I choose Reebok? No? OK-lah... Nike it is then. I like their Women's range
Tea or Nestea: Hmm... Japanese green tea hot, Nestea cold
Chocolate or Vanilla: I'm assuming this is ice-cream, hor? I want McD's vanilla cone dipped in chocolate... Hehehehe
Cappucino or Coffee: Ice-blended latte! Can or not? If don't have then coffee lor... but it has to be Ipoh White Coffee or Kluang Station kaw kaw coffee


Layer Five - Do I...
Smoke: No. My lungs are smoke-intolerant. As is my nose and eyes. *a-tishoo!*
Curse: Shhh... not out loud
Take a Shower: Scrub-a-dub-dub... of course lah... if not dirty worrr...
Have a Crush: Not currently. Had many when I was younger. Maybe the expectation bar is too high now...
Think I've been in Love: Yes. First love is hardest to forget
Go to School: I finish liao! No more school... hoping to go back to uni for my MBA in three years time. We'll see...
Want to get Married: Yes, but only to the right guy - if he ain't coming my way, no
Believe in Myself: Most of the time. When I'm not being pessimistic. *grin*
Think I'm a Health Freak: I think healthy and practice healthy, but not to freak levels lah...


Layer Six - In The Past Month...
Drank Alcohol: What alcohol? That's for special occasions only...
Gone to the Mall: Yes, yes, yes and more yes. Now which mall were you referring to again? *wink*
Been on Stage: Go on stage for what? No need lah...
Eaten Sushi: Yes. Yum! Sakae Sushi! Got 5% discount mah...
Dyed your Hair: Not lately... last time was one year back and it's still here! (See answer to question five, layer one)


Layer Seven - Have I Ever...
Played a Stripping Game: Yeah... see who can strip the baby of clothes the fastest and change the nappy. Oh, not that kind of stripping? Then no lah...
Changed Who I Am to Fit In: I am chameleon-like but usually not able to sustain the disguise for long. *borrow from chen* I am who I am...


Layer Eight - Age...
I am Hoping To Be Married: Was supposed to be this year. Not gonna happen. *shrugs*


Layer Nine - In a Girl/Guy...
Best Eye Color: Dark brown
Best Hair Color: Any color but preferably not white
Short or Long Hair: Short and neat; wavy optional, curls not. Hahaha...


Layer Ten - What Was I Doing...
1 Min Ago: Duh! Answering this tag, of course
1 Hour Ago: Reading some blog feeds
4.5 Hours Ago: Joining KL traffic to come to work
1 Month Ago: Most probably at work
1 Year Ago: Also at work, but at a different job


Layer Eleven - Finish The Sentence
I Love: many things in this life
I Feel: like a prisoner right now. Prison Break, anyone?
I Hate: feeling helpless
I Hide: my thoughts unless you're a close and trusted friend
I Need: to escape...


Layer Twelve - Tag Five People...
I think most people have already done this tag. No tag! Unless you want to do it, of course. Then be my guest!

16 spins:

kyh said...

Me din get tagged for this. *luckies*

welcome back kak rinnah!!! miss u so muchie!!!

chup chup chup!

miss the chups here! :P

L B said...

Awwww, you do love us!! Thank you for doing this even though you had to put yourself into DialUp agony and hell! I am deeply indebted to you again. You are like a breath of fresh ai... am I gushing on too much now? Stop, yeah? LOL!! YATTTAAA!!!!.... Sorry to hear you're not getting married this year now, but perhaps you can hold that for a couple more years? I mean, if he's not the right one, it was a lucky escape! Imagine the horrors otherwise!! *what do I know?* Ahhhh, Club Med at Cherating!! I have good memories there too!! Baby turtles hatching at dawn!! Tennis!! The buffet!!! The other silly games we thought were so fun! *grin*

kyh said...

yes... rinnah does love us! *wink*

ur bedtime during ur student yrs is the same as mine now... *sigh with panda eyes*

baba nyonya? so u know how to make nyonya dishes plus a japanese or portuguese twist? :P

may said...

I belum buat gua mia kek lapis lagi, hahaha! but yours tastes sooooo much better, and very interesting too! baba nyonya japanese ree-A-rin!

cutiepie said...

... everything you own in a box to the left *continue singing*

sengkor said...

5 more minutes not enuf lah.. i purposely set my alarm 30 minutes earlier so that i can say 'great, 30 minutes more..'

Anonymous said...

kyh: 5 lucky hugs for you!!!

I miss the blogosphere too! *hugs*

psst... you still owe me a tag, remember? *wink*

**********
l b: 3 dial-up hugs for you!!

No need to be sorry... it just wasn't meant to be (even though I did think he was perhaps the right one) but yeah, the horrors if it isn't the right one! *shudder*

Let's go Club Med Maldives! *dreaming of the buffet*

**********
kyh: I think all students have the same bedtime! *gives teabags for the panda eyes*

Cook? I only know how to eat! Muahahahaha!

**********
may: 1 lapis hug for you!

I dunno how to make the real kek lapis, only know how to hampalang sapu only...

**********
cutiepie: *joins in singing*

Anonymous said...

sengkor: 30 minutes earlier! *faint* I will be waking up at 5.30 am then! My 5 mins very clever one... it's 5 mins, then another 5 mins, and another 5 mins... hehehe.

Simple American said...

So glad you could post something. Been disappointed that nothing new was here. But no longer.

Good. Get to know ya better. *high 5*

rainbow angeles said...

It's been a looooong time ohhh... but good to see the Spin Doc again! (ok ok, no spinning this time tho')

Ooooo... another nyonya here!

Happy +ve Working Chi coming your way! *tai chi stance*

Wennn said...

Hi Rin... welcome bek.. wah kueh lapis ah.... nice... oh tag ah... done it liao... oh 4 on sunday this year ah... okie okie go and check calender first..

Anonymous said...

simple american: *high 5* I'm glad I could post something too! I miss my blogging therapy...

Be disappointed no more! *grin*

**********
angel: You want spin? I can spin... Hehehehe...

*receives +ve chi from angel*

**********
wennnn: Hello to you too!

I know... I saw your tag but the office computer wouldn't let me comment on your blog!

Unknown said...

What's sakae sushi? Hmmm..

Anonymous said...

bernard: Sakae Sushi is a sushi chain from Singapore that's opened in Malaysia - they have a few outlets in the Curve, Subang Parade and some other place I can't remember. So far it's the freshest sushi I've tasted!

Chen said...

Baba Nyonya + Japanese + Portugese blood..
Wah..
really multiracial liao :)

Anonymous said...

chen: Hahaha... the NRIC still says Chinese mah... but the funny stuff all comes from one side of the family only... the other half is pure Chinese, so very the diluted liao...