Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ouch! That's so not funny, man...


You know it's time to go on a diet when even your boss playfully remarks on your size. Bah.

I was on medical leave at the start of February's working month, after having unwisely indulged two small slices of kum (aka mandarin orange) after lunch on Sunday. Upon return to work on Tuesday, my colleague told me that my boss had laughed upon receiving my SMS saying that I would be on MC due to gastric pains.

"You mean a chubby person like rinnah also can get gastric pains?" -_-"

That is so not funny man... Looks like I really have to work on my weight issues right away before I receive anymore untoward comments. Oh, but I withstood (and survived!) an onslaught of the aunties during CNY commenting that I've put on weight. Haiiiiii...

Thing is, how not to put on weight when I'm so near to food everyday? My department has this hidey-hole cupboard (yes, a whole cupboard!) we call our pantry where we hide all our junk food from the prying eyes of the world. Haha. That circumvents the rule that there should be strictly no food in the office. Well, they did say no food on display... they never said anything about not being able to store food in cupboards and drawers! Lawl. We (my colleagues and I) have this cute-sy ritual of eating selected foods at certain times of the day. Almost like government servants, we take quickie 5-min breaks to have "tea" at 11am. Then dessert after lunch. 3pm is "raisin time" when we nibble on raisins. 4pm is "chocolate time". After 4.30pm is "Mamee / Cheezel time". You say leh?

It's a tad frightening to note that certain clothes are beginning to feel a wee bit more snug than they should be. Not a good sign. *sigh* Maybe a bit more fleshly padding will help cushion the paintball shots when they happen. Hah. Yep, gotta stop making excuses and just hit the exercise trail.

Yes, you heard that right... rinnah is exercising! Bwahahaha.

I've decided that the best way to exercise is by having fun, so my first activity is paintball this Saturday. Not looking forward to the pain, but looking forward very much to having a ball of a time (excuse the pun). Lawl. Besides the paintball-ing activity, I've also resolved to join my colleagues and management in jogging in KLCC park every Friday evening. I've already gone for one round last week, and despite just doing brisk walking of two circuits of the jogging trail they have there, my feet were aching for 2 days after! Just goes to show how unfit I am.

So, here's hoping 2008 will bring a fitter rinnah!

10 spins:

Anonymous said...

Oi! That was rude of your boss leh... but at least you are more disciplined than I am! Let me know if paintball is fun - i'm dying to go :) jia yu!

rainbow angeles said...

good luck!

L B said...

Oh dear... I have been hearing the same comments from my Boss recently! 'You're getting tubby!'.. 'Don't eat so much this weekend, ok?'...

Ack!!
I dare not look in the mirror anymore.. especially all those full length ones we have ALL over the studio!! I look at my shoes.

Enjoy your paintball.. and jogging.. I'll go grill some Siew Pai Kuat now..

Anonymous said...

Hey, you where got chubby??? I should know...I just met you in the flesh last week...
But paintball? Yeah, you would enjoy that....I did it once before too.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't very nice of your boss, talking about you behind your back.

Next time invite him go paintballing and shoot him hehe

chartao said...

Go, Rinnah Go!

I support you and all the best!!

Anonymous said...

it's important to distinguish between healthy and overweight. for healthy people, there's no need to be too particular about weight. :) there are sooo many more positive things in life to concentrate on, and be happy about than the weight. :D :D :D

may said...

I is in terrible need of exercise too :-( been dormant doing all other things. let's get fit!

kyh said...

I think I'm lucky (or unlucky?) to be able to chip in everything (in large portions too!) but still unable to gain an inch or a kg. Gimme your pounds...

Anonymous said...

wow so rude, to say that. but i've also recently started getting into this fitness thing, let's see how long i can tahan...